Recipe Type: Lunch
- Indian Basmati rice 1 cup
- Water 3 cups
- Saffron, Soaked in 1 tsp.
- Luke warm water Few flakes
- For Curry:
- Vegetable oil/butter 3tsp.
- POONJIAJI’S Biryani Curry 1/2 Jar
- Boneless Lamb (1 1/2″ Pieces) 300gm
- Water 1 Cup
- Yoghurt, Whisked 2 tbsp
- <strong>Method For Rice:</strong>
- Soak, Indian Basmati Rice for 30 mins. Bring water to boil in a large saucepan, add soaked rice and cook for 10 mins or till rice saucepan, add soaked rice and cook for 10 mins. or till rice is 3/4th cooked. Drain the rice. Add soaked saffron and melted butter to the rice and toss lightly.
- <strong>Method For Curry:</strong>
- In a medium sized saucepan, saute lamb pieces in vegetable oil, stir in POONJIAJI’S Biryani Curry, VCook in medium heat, add water, tomato puree and bring to boil. Cover pan & simmer the curry until the lamb pieces are tender. Add whisked yoghurt and cook for 1 min.
- In a casserole prepare 4 layers as follows:
- Layer 1 – half of the prepared curry preparation.
- Layer 2 – 1/4 of the cooked rice.
- Layer 3 – remaining curry preparation.
- Layer 4 – remaining 3/4th cooked rice. Cover it with a thin wet cloth and bake for 20 minutes at 350deg.F/176deg.C
Serve hot POONJIAJI’S Chilli Pickle. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, ginger shreds, tomato slices, brown onion rings & finely chopped corainder leaves.