Machbous Rubyan (Rice with Shrimps)
Recipe Type: Rice
- Basmati Rice, soaked 2 Cups
- Oil or Ghee 4 tbsp
- Onion, chopped 2 large
- Garlic Cloves, chopped 6 medium
- Prawns (shrimp) shelled 1 Kg
- Ship Brand Madras Curry Powder 2 tsp
- Cinnamon 2 sticks
- Nay leaves 2 pieces
- Mixed Spices (Baharat) 2 tsp
- Ground Cardamon 1 tsp
- Tomatoes, peeled, chopped 4 large
- Fresh Coriander, chopped ¼ cup
- Salt 2 tsp
- Black pepper ¼ tsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Water 2½ cups
- Fried Almonds ½ cup
- Fry onion and garlic in ghee until golden brown, add prawns. Ship Brand Madras Curry Powder, cinnamon, bay leaves and cardamon. Cook until they become opaque colour. Remove half the shrimps and keep aside.
- To the pan add spice, tomatoes, coriander, saly, pepper and turmeric, stir over heat for 5 minutes. Add the water. Bring to boil then simmer 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the meat and keep aside, strain the broth; add more water to equal 4 cups. Place in saucepan. Add meat, tomatoes, paste, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, add rice, cover and simmer on low heat for 25-30 minutes.
- Place rice in a latter. Arrange meat on the top. Garnish with nuts.