Paneer Tikka Sub Sandwich
- 2 cups paneer (cottage cheese) cubes
- 3 subway breads, 6 inches long
- 3 cheese slices, cut into halves
- 3/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 9 tomato slices
- 9 cucumber slices
- 9 onion slices
- 6 capsicum rings
- 3 tbsp sliced black olives
- 24 sliced jalapenos
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 6 tsp red chilli sauce
- 3 tsp barbecue sauce
- 2 tsp mustard sauce
FOR PANEER TIKKA
- Add the paneer in Poonjiaji’s Tikka Marinade and mix gently. Keep aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the marinated paneer, mix gently and cook on a slow flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Divide the filling into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE
- To make paneer tikka sub sandwich, place the subway bread on a clean, dry surface and cut each bread horizontally into two.
- Place two cheese halves on each of the upper half of the breads.
- Place the bread halves on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Place the lower half of a bread on a clean, dry surface and spread ¼ cup lettuce evenly over it.
- Place 3 tomato slices, 3 cucumber slices, 3 onion slices and 2 capsicum rings evenly over it.
- Spread a portion of the paneer tikka filling evenly over it.
- Spread 1 tbsp black olives and 8 jalapenos evenly over it.
- Spread the mayonnaise, chilli sauce, barbecue sauce & mustard sauce evenly over it.
- Close the sandwich and press it lightly.
- Serve the paneer tikka sub sandwich immediately.