Kerala Fish Curry
Recipe Type: Curry
- Oil 4tbsp
- Mustard Seed 1/2tbsp
- Onions 2medium
- Ground garlic & Tomatoes 2tbsp
- Water 3-4 cups
- Madras Curry Powder 25 gms
- Fish Fillets 1lb
- Coconut Milk 1/2 cup
- Tamarind 50 gms
- In a medium size pan heat 4-tbsp oil & 1/2 tsp mustard seeds.
- Saute 2 medium sized finely chopped onions with few curry leaves till light brown.
- Add 2-tbsp ground garlic & finely chopped tomatoes.
- Cook for 2-3 min.
- Extract the juice from 50gm tamarind soaked in 3-4 cups of water.
- Add tamarind juice & 25 gms of Ship brnad Madras Curry Powder/ Brinf the contents to boil.
- Add 1 lb. (16 oz) fish fillets & ½ cup fresh coconut milk.
- Cover the pan & simmer on medium flame for 5 mins or until fish is cooked. Serve hot. Garnish the curry with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve the curry with Roti of Steamed Indian Basmati Rice.