Malabar Chicken Curry
Recipe Type: Curry
- Ginger Garlic Paste 1 tbsp
- Onions 6 medium
- Oil 5 tbsp
- Madras Curry Powder 50 gm
- Water ½ cup
- Coconut milk 1 cup
- Chicken 1 lb
- ub 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste on 1 lb chicken. Keep for 15 minutes.
- In a medium sized pan saute 6 medium sized chopped onions in 5 tbsp, oil till light brown.
- Add chicken pieces & stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add 50 gm of Madras Curry Powder & cook for a minute.
- Add 1 cup fresh coconut milk & bring the contents to boil.
- Cover the pan & simmer on mdium flame for 10 minutes or untill chicken is cooked. Garnish the curry with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve the curry with roti or steamed Indian Basmati Rice.